With the exception of 7 permanent staff, Sound Bricks is run entirely by a group of volunteers. We’re always looking for new blood to spread the waves.
To become a volunteer, follow these simple steps:
- Read the FAQs below. This will help clear up any questions or misconceptions you may have.
- Contact one of our Programming Director – either Klára Chmelařová or Rita Puhto.
- Go through a volunteer orientation.
- Get on air with us!
Volunteering for Sound Bricks
Now that you’re convinced that Sound Bricks is excellent and you want to get involved, here’s how.
Here are a few questions that we get a lot of volunteering. If you don’t see your question answered here, or if you’d like more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I do at Sound Bricks?
Well, you can definitely have your own show! Shows are weekly, so we expect you to have your show completed two days prior to air time. This means sending us your MP3s, voice recordings, track listings and all other required items. The great thing about the Internet is that you can do your show from either the Sound Bricks studio or remotely.
We always need audio engineers to help with recording programs and other content like cool jingles and promos. The benefit is that you’ll gain real-world experience in audio production, and your friends will love you for doing such awesome work!
We love to do interviews with interesting people! Got something to share? Get in touch and we’ll see how we can work with you!
2. I don’t have any experience, can I still do it?
Neither of us does really, so of course! We are all learning as we go.
3. I’m a DJ, band member or aspiring opera singer. Can I send you my stuff?
Yes please! We are always looking to have new music on our radio.
4. I’m not a student, faculty member or staff member at AAU. Can I participate?
Get in touch with us and we’ll come up with something for you to do!